Grow your skills, improve performance
Transform your career prospects and knowledge gaps. Get the confidence you need with this unique offering.
(What is this course about?
- Get up to speed with computers, tools and technologies
- Build your confidence in key financial concepts
- Kickstart your financial management skills
- Establish career development plans and get a taster of people management skills to achieve what’s important to you
- Take control and improve your on-farm and business decision-making
- Effectively research, evaluate and communicate information to your team and negotiate with rural professionals
- Feel comfortable in a supportive user-friendly learning environment for all levels with experienced tutors
- Connect with other passionate farmers
- Bridge the gap from Level 4 to 5 study.
This innovative new qualification involves practical, interactive and group learning which is facilitated by a supportive tutor who has a practical farming background. Trade the pen and paper of traditional learning for user-friendly, cloud-based learning and assessment.
Who is this course for?
Suitable for Farm Assistants (with 2-3 years of experience), Assistant Managers, Managers, and those looking to move from Level 4 training to Production Management or other Level 5 courses.
You will be required to complete assessments to demonstrate your learning. You must bring a laptop (ideally) or device to course days to access course materials, editable documents, and assessments.
This course includes 7 in-person workshops (10am to 3pm) and 3 online sessions (11am to 1pm).
- Hawera (7 Feb, 21 Feb, 28 Feb, 6 Mar, 13 Mar, 20 Mar, 3 Apr, 10 Apr, 17 Apr, 24 Apr)
- Feilding (Feb/Mar, dates TBC)
Complete the 10-minute course enrolment form. You’ll be required to upload a photo or digital copy of suitable identification (passport, work visa, or birth certificate). You can save the form mid-way if you wish to continue later.
Register your interest
If the current course dates and locations do not work for you, then let us know. We’ll get in touch when something becomes available.
Cost (inc GST)
Next course starts in 2023
- 7 in-person workshops and 3 online sessions (over four months)
- 10am – 3pm class days
- Small class sizes (limited numbers)
Certificate in Dairy Career Progression (20 NZQA Level 4 credits)
Who is it for?
For Farm Assistants (with 2-3 years’ experience), Assistant Managers and Managers