Business by the Numbers
Get practical techniques and confidence to manage the numbers in an agribusiness.
What is this course about?
- Build a positive and profitable financial plan for going forward
- Learn alongside other farmers and from farmers (Dairy Training tutors are farmers)
- Investigate future options for big-picture goals like self-employment or growing your sharemilking or farming business
- Communicate with your bank and accountant to get the support and understanding you need
- Feel comfortable in a supportive, interactive and user-friendly learning environment for all levels
- Balance learning with other commitments
- Qualify with the Business by the Numbers credential (15 Level 5 credits).
- Learning or enhancing your budgeting skills
- Collecting good financial information
- Learning tools for good financial decision-making
- Developing annual budgets
- Calculating milk income (an introduction)
- Estimating and tracking monthly expenses
- Predicting your working capital (OD) requirements.
You will be required to complete an assessment to demonstrate your learning. You must bring a laptop (ideally) or device to course days to access course materials, editable documents, and assessments.
This course includes 3 part-days (10am to 2pm).
- Nelson (1 Feb, 15 Feb and 29 Feb)
- Ashburton (9 Feb, 23 Feb, and 8 Mar)
- Dannevirke (15 Feb, 29 Feb, and 14 Mar)
- Stratford (15 Feb, 29 Feb, and 14 Mar)
This course includes 6 sessions (7 to 9pm).
- Zoom (4 Apr, 11 Apr, 18 Apr, 2 May, 9 May, 16 May)
Complete the 10-minute course enrolment form. You’ll be required to upload a photo or digital copy of suitable identification (passport, work visa, or birth certificate). You can save the form mid-way if you wish to continue later.
Register your interest
If the current course dates and locations do not work for you, then let us know. We’ll get in touch when something becomes available.
Cost (inc GST)
Who is it for?
For managers, self-employed or those considering self-employment.
Dates / Duration
- Short course (3 part-days in-person, or online)
- Held between milkings
- Small class sizes (limited numbers)
Business by the Numbers micro credential (15 Level 5 credits)